Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Theme Day: City Exchange

Since I didn't really get the today's theme (or rather I saw many bloggers doing different things), I decided to give you both ways the theme could be interpreted.

First, and officially, here is a picture of Saarbrücken that looks like a different town.
This café had an advert for Guiness beer that they offer, so this little bar in Saarbrücken looks clearly like a place in Ireland to me. One of our Daily Photo Bloggers is living in Cork, so here is a big "cheers" from me to you.


The second way to interpret the theme (and this is what I thought is wanted) is a picture of a town that is not ours. This place is Cumbre del Sol (Benitachell), in Spain, where I spend my Christmas holidays. It's a gorgeous beach close to Teulada/Moraira where my aunt lives. If you ever plan to go there (which you definitely should) consider spending your holidays in her holiday villa "Casa Mariposa". =)



Make sure to check out other cities around the world that interpreted the theme in one or the other way. =)

Monte Carlo, Monaco - Rome, Italy - Singapore, Singapore - Tenerife, Spain - Rotterdam, Netherlands - London, UK - Montréal (QC), Canada - Melbourne, Australia - Naples (FL), USA - Bastia, France - Hong Kong, China - Mazatlan, Mexico - Buenos Aeres, Argentina - Manila, Philippines - Arradon, France - Madison (WI), USA - Evry, France - Seoul, Korea - Shanghai, China - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Sequim (WA), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Budapest, Hungary - Baziège, France - Hamburg, Germany - Toruń, Poland - Nelson, New Zealand - Madison (WI), USA - Vantaa, Finland - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Mainz, Germany - Dubai, UAE - Saint Paul (MN), USA - Cork, Ireland - Stockholm, Sweden - Menton, France - Tel Aviv, Israel - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Kitakami, Japan - Stayton (OR), USA - Szentes, Hungary - Stavanger, Norway - Grenoble, France - Villigen, Switzerland - Paris, France -Hyde, UK - Moscow, Russia - Joplin (MO), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Greenville (SC), USA - Cape Town, South Africa - Asheville (NC), USA - Seattle (WA), USA - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Madrid, Spain - Auckland, New Zealand - Oulu, Finland - Lubbock (TX), USA - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Sydney, Australia - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Vancouver, Canada - Seattle (WA), USA - Selma (AL), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Manila, Philippines - Lyon, France - New York City (NY), USA - Los Angeles (CA), USA - Brookville (OH), USA - Hayle, UK - Wailea (HI), USA - Saarbrücken, Germany - San Diego (CA), USA - Boston (MA), USA - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Cypress (TX), USA - Anderson (SC), USA - Torino, Italy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photographs are very nice and I like them. THis was my first theme day. I enjoyed it.

Kala said...

very nice! I esp. like that beach! I checked out the link to that place in spain and the price is in Euros so I guess i will need to figure out how much a Euro is in U.S. Dollars - the Dollar has been dropping like crazy!

Dsole said...

Moonsoleil! cheers with that pint! I was in Dublin last Month and I enjoyed it a lot :)
I've never been to Moraira... maybe some summer, that looks gorgeous!

Lavenderlady said...

Lovely photo...and your aunt should give you a discount for advertising her villa...I would come!