Sunday, February 18, 2007

Carnival Procession

I went to Saarbrücken-Dudweiler today with my little sister Angie who visits me for one week.
They had a big carnival procession there, which is a parade of carnival club members. You'll have dancers, orchestras, all kinds of dressed up people and these guys - probably the most important ones in their club - the Elferrat, 11 guys all wearing those funny hats who are the "parliament" of the carnival club. They organise events and processions like these.
The fun thing about those processions is (especially for kids) that most of the parade walkers throw candies or other snacks into the audience (you can see two packets of crisps flying towards me here).

4 comments:

Dsole said...

hey! it seemed a funny party! did you get dreesed up in Carnival?

BarelyLiegl said...

Well, I didn't have a costume for myself, but I hand-made a tiger costume for my little sister. =)

Anonymous said...

We dont have Karneval here, we have Fasching ;).
And why yesterday, today are the big Parades...

Kala said...

interesting looking hats! As for your hand made costume for the sis - that is very kewl!!!