Thursday, February 01, 2007

Theme Day: Something that Annoys

It's Theme Day time again, yippie!
This time, we decided to show the world something that really annoys us in our town.
One thing that makes me really angry here, is that we (as the capital of our federal county, just to mention that) don't have a proper swimming pool in town.
There is one close, but it is just for wellness swimming. The university has one, but most of the time, sports students have booked it (there are two time slots for other students only, 7am until 8am on Tuesday and 12am to 1pm on Thursday). And for other pools, you have to go out of Saarbrücken (which is no fun without a car, believe me!).
For me, who grew up living next to a proper lake, this is just horrible and MOST ANNOYING!!!

So here is the poster hanging on the entry door of the former pool downtown (yes, there used to be one), telling the people that the pool is closed since 2001. Aaaargh!


Make sure to visit all the other annoyed people around the world... =)
1. Porto (Portugal)
2. Stayton, OR (USA)
3. Albuquerque, NM (USA)
4. Tenerife (Spain)
5. Greenville, SC (USA)
6. Dubai (UAE)
7. Evry (France)
8. Jakarta (Indonesia)
9. London (UK)
10. Sequim, WA (USA)
11. Buenos Aires, (Argentina)
12. Seattle, WA (USA)
13. Minneapolis, MN (USA)
14. Stavanger (Norway)
15. Joplin, MO (USA)
16. Nelson (New Zealand)
17. Milano (Italy)
18. Singapore by KeropokMan
19. La Antigua (Guatemala)
20. Nottingham (UK)
21. Singapore by Zannnie
22. Budapest (Hungary)
23. Not Strictly Seattle, WA (USA)
24. Bandung (Indonesia)
25. Vantaa (Finland)
26. Hyde (UK)
27. Madrid by Dsole (Spain)
28. Oulu (Finland)
29. Saarbrücken (Germany)
30. St. Paul, MN by Carol (USA)
31. Sydney by Sally (Australia)
32. Tokyo (Japan)
33. Kyoto (Japan)
34. Trujillo (Peru)
35. Shanghai (China)
36. Rotterdam (Netherlands)
37. Chicago, IL (USA)
38. Nice (France)
39. Naples, FL (USA)
40. Hong Kong
41. Santa Clara, CA (USA)
42. Quito (Ecuador)
43. Cottage Grove, MN (USA)
44. Paris (France)
45. Manila (Philippines)
46. Brussels (Belgium)
47. Auckland (New Zealand)
48. Newcastle upon Tyne (UK)
49. Sydney by Nathalie (Australia)
50. Houston, TX (USA)
51. Mumbai (India)
52. New York, NY (USA)
53. Anderson, SC (USA)
54. Cherbourg-Octeville (France)
55. Cheltenham (UK)
56. Constanta (Romania)
57. Nantes (France)
58. Adelaide (Australia)
59. Tucson, AZ (USA)
60. Maple Ridge (Canada)

5 comments:

Kim said...

MoonSoleil,
That's a shame that the pool has been closed for 6 years. I hope you can stir some interest in renewing this community resource. If I were you I'd ask the university coaches if you could use a lane while the students are there. It's possible that they would let you if you presented your case to them. Worth a try!
-Kim

Victoria said...

It seems a bit absurd that a city the size of Saarbrücken wouldn't have a decent swimming pool!

BarelyLiegl said...

Hey Kim,
there's a lot of politics going on at university, and if the pool owners could do what they want, they wouldn't let other students in at all.
I even know one of the leaders of the local swimming club, and even she can't do anything --- it's a shame!
Guess I'll keep "swimming" under my shower. =)

Sally said...

Oh, MoonSoleil, I am afraid Sarrbrucken has just been permanently deleted from the list of places I could ever live! Not to have a swimmign pool would be like not having air to breathe to me! (swimming pool freak!) I won;t make you jealous by tellign you how many I have within a 30 min radius of my home. OK, I just counted...approx 10 sea pools, >10 x 50m chlorinated outdoor, 2-3 x 50m indoor chlorinated and 3-4 x 25m indoor.

Anonymous said...

Hi Conny, this is your lucky day as I am happy to inform you that probably for the first time ever in my personal history of comments to your blog, I totally agree with your post: THIS IS SO ANNOYING about Saarbrücken!!! (You see? All you have to do is post a complaint yourself, and I'm with you...) :-)