Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Driving in Saarbrücken

Here's a picture of what it would look like to drive through Saarbrücken with a car. In the distance, you can see road signs... believe me, Germany has loads of them. Every 50 metres there will be a new one telling you something contrary. =) No, it's not that bad, but there really are A LOT signs over here...
Saarbrücken has the peculiarity to be a town full of one-way-streets, and saying that is not an exaggeration. When I still had my car, my only way to survive here was to memorise every single one-way-street, that sometimes made a way 3 times as long as you would have taken if the road would have been directly connected.

3 comments:

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

I'm afraid situation about signs isn't so bad as here. In Germany I found them totally in accord with traffic condition. Unfortunately it's not the same in Italy. So, you see? Always there's someone in worse position :-)

Carlos Lorenzo said...

Anything they do to regulate traffic better is well done, except for fines and radars of course :) I agree with Fabrizio as Italy and Spain are less regulated in that respect. It must be go with the Latin thing, you know.

Kala said...

that is crzy - Im trying to think - do Germany's cars have the driver seat on the right? hmmmm I like how you talk about the one way streets - interestin personal feel for the area - I am surprised they have so many signs - with the things I hear about how fast people drive in Germany, theres probably not a moments notice to read the signs!