Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

My sister Angie after her successful hunt for easter eggs and presents.
In Germany we are convinced that easter bunnies hide coloured eggs for us in the garden. Yesterday I painted some eggs and we put them in little baskets together with small presents and hide them after telling the kids that we've seen the bunnies outside. The kids run and search while the grown-ups give them hints like "hot" or "cold" to ease their search. It's great fun for everyone.
I found a great embassy website that gives you more information on German Easter traditions if you want to know more...

2 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

wow what frizzy hair she's got!

happy Easter

I've still got your Christmas mug on the windowsill, but it hasn't warmed up enough yet for me to wear your tee-shirt!

Kala said...

that is kewl - I think I would not be so easy to give hot and cold hints - and it would be spread out through a forest so that the hunting will last for days - an endurance physical challenge easter egg hunt =P