Friday, April 28, 2006

Football Madness

I told you, after the hidden garden gnome in my post yesterday, I knew what to take a picture of today.

This is an advertisement of our local beer brewery, Karlsberg (no, not Carlsberg).
They always have funny posters... and since Germany is going nuts for the FIFA World Cup that our country will host in 41 days, you can see football-related things everywhere.
The gnome is called Hansi by the way, so the caption "Hansi Ball UrPils?" is a pronounciation joke for "Haben Sie bald UrPils?" (Do you have UrPils yet?) referring to letters you can find in the crown caps of the bottles. Once you have collected all of them, you will win the limited Hansi football statue (Did you expect tickets? Sorry!). =)

On my Wonderful Weird World blog I'll show you what shopping in SOCGERmany means at the moment... =)
There are just the weirdest products with football logos on them, it's sooo funny.

PS: No, I'm not a football fan. I only put the football blog clock here, because I think it's my obligation at the moment... =)

PPS: Happy first week to me, happy first week to me... =)

3 comments:

nebel said...

Okay, I'm German, but I don't think I would have gotten "Hansi Ball UrPils?"!

Lisi said...

funny...

Anonymous said...

@nebel: i think you would need a "bit" (hehe, another beer-joke), to understand the people from Saarbrücken and you will need much longer to understand the people of the towns around Saarbrücken.