Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Green University

Did you know that about one third of the Saarland (of which Saarbrücken is the capital) is covered with mixed forests?
Since the deciduous trees are turning greener and greener every day now, I decided that's it's time for you to have a look at the nice countryside around the university.
The campus is located outside the city centre in the middle of the "Staatsforst" (state forest).

It's very nice, when you have a break between lectures or a lunch break from work (I can have both, I'm studying and working here =), you just have to walk a few steps and you're in the middle of a wood where you can enjoy the singing birds and discover nice plants... or simply go for a walk.

Let's see where that path leads us... =)


Some more trivia about the Saarland university:

6 comments:

Eric said...

Excellent green photo. Your blog is really coming along! Great work!

Denton said...

Do you study Computer Science and/or Artificial Intelligence? Maybe you can create a neural network for the DP family.

Monsieur Pain d'épices said...

bon courage pour la suite et bon vent
salute è pace

Nicola said...

Indeed looks like a nice green campus!

Kala said...

That was such an interesting post - only because I'm at a university too so I can relate and I also work at the uni! In addition, when I read about Max Plank institute, I had to smile because one of the papers I am reading is titled "Planning the Sequencing of MOvement Patterns" by Robert Bargmann who is from MPI! We have about 20,000 at the main campus where I am at (Manoa) and a total of 50,000 when you add all the different campuses and community colleges in the university system on different islands. :)

perle de rosée said...

Yes, after the french-german gymnasium, Paul studied there one year long. He loved very much the forests of Saarland. Then he went to France and was fond of a young dew pearl... But it is a long time ago...