Monday, April 24, 2006

Golden Gate

What I really love about taking pictures is that you see things that you've never realised before, because you never REALLY looked.
Like this one, for example... I've never seen the little garden right next to the Johanneskirche.
And therefore I've never noticed these golden gates either that are at all of the entrances to the park.
It was a wonderful sunny day (every day seems to get nicer now), and the couple (hard to see behind the bush, I admit) and the reading guy made it look so relaxed, I just wanted to join them there. =)

PS: This picture was taken with the camera of a friend, Sony Cybershot W12.

9 comments:

Eric said...

I could not agree more. You do discover many things when you see through your camera and I love that.

Congratulations on your new blog, I have the feeling this os going to be a great one.

Denton said...

Welcome and greetings from Greenville, South Carolina (USA). I also agree with your comments. Personally I find myself looking for photo opportunities everywhere. And as it turns out there was a lot that I simply had not taken the time to see.

heidi said...

I like all your shots so far. The colors and the composition are just great. I'll be visiting again.

-Heidi

Edwin Sumun said...

Grüß Gott and welcome to the daily photo family!

can't wait for all your new discoveries through the lens!

kualalumpurdailyphoto

midnitebara said...

hi and welcome from Akita, Japan.

Jean said...

Wonderful variety of subjects so far. I agree with you that when you have a camera on hand you see more details. Welcome to the Photo Family.

Mark said...

Welcome to DP family, congrats on the blog, will be back often.

somebody said...

welcome - I enjoy your blog too

Kala said...

ahhh splendid! *in english accent* The gates upon closer inspection is much more revealing of its exquisite detail in design....my art expert imitation =)

However, I do enjoy the closeup after seeing it from afar in the dragon sculpture pic!