Friday, April 21, 2006

Saarbrücken in spring...

Another day, another DailyPhotoBlog... =)

I simply love the idea of Eric's ParisDailyPhoto-Blog, so I thought that I'll show you some daily pictures of Saarbrücken, too.
It's the capital of the Saarland, the smallest of the federal states of Germany.

Since it's my first day of DailyPhoto-ing, you'll even get two pictures!!!


This is the typical Saarbrücken-inhabitant, wearing a T-Shirt bought in the "Made in Saarbrigge"-shop (Saarbrigge is Saarland slang for Saarbrücken). The capture says "Oh, hann isch die Flemm", which probably could be translated to "Oh, I'm feeling so blue (or annoyed)".
Very cool guy though wearing his headphones and ripped jeans! I saw him close to the train station.

This picture was a nice coincidence, and since I missed my bus to take it, I have to put it on this blog. =)
A couple got married in the town hall this morning, and together with the daffodils and the rising spring fever in all of us, I thought it's the perfect picture for April.

So there you go, first day and first entry done, I really hope you'll like it.

Cheers,
MoonSoleil

4 comments:

nebel said...

Welcome, neighbour!

I have been to Saarbrücken a few times, mostly in the winter for the Weihnachtsmarkt, and I think it's a really nice city! Can't wait to see more photos!

Nicola said...

Welcome from Wiesbaden and the Rheingau as well! Great to have another German city on board!

Gerald (SK14) said...

Welcome from England

What a nicely focussed shot with the daffodils in the forefront.

perle de rosée said...

Danke schön ! Mein Mann, der 18 Jahre in Saatbrücken/Dudweiler verbracht hat (von 1950 bis 1969), freut sich.