Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dragon Slayer

Do you still remember this dragon? It was at the Johanneskirche.
Almost opposite to it, on the wall of the town hall, there's a dragon slayer scene. I'm not totally sure who the slayer is supposed to be, though I guess it's Siegfried from the Nibelungenlied, a famous historic German epic poem.

I chose black and white for the town hall and an enhanced green for dragon and slyer, so you could observe the scene better.


Update: Yes yes, you were right, it"s not Siegfried, but St. George. I still like my theory better though... =)

7 comments:

Jenny said...

The green is a great choice - it's a nice photo!

Kala said...

wow that is kewl - did u do that in photoshop??

Kris said...

a bit scary..but Great art!

Anonymous said...

Its Saint michael

Anonymous said...

This is great! You were right leaving the colored dragon and turning the rest in black and white... it does look much better.. and makes the dragon popping out a lot more.. cool.

AlexandLisa said...

Cool, I have taken a similar picture of Saint George (which I think that this picture is of) in the old town of Stockholm. Have to publish it now of course =)

zdenka pregelj said...

Cool shot!