Friday, June 09, 2006

Ole Ole Ole

This was the moment of the second goal.

Loads of people...

I promised it yesterday, and today I infiltrated the football site at Congresshalle during the FIFA World Cup opening game of Germany playing against Costa Rica.
There were hundreds of people dressed in black-red-gold watching the football match on a large screen supporting their team.

I'm not a football fan (though I watched the game today), so I can't fully understand why you would squeeze into a bunch of sweaty people at 30 degrees to watch a screen that you probably can't see properly, but somehow it was exiting to see. =)

5 comments:

nebel said...

It was very much like that here, too, but I didn't get a good shot due to the sun.

Kala said...

30 degree is serious hot weather - but I guess when you love something/someone so much, you'd do anything. Great photo and lovely German color flag. Black is such a cool color that matches with everything.

Sally said...

Moonsoleil - maybe you would prefer to watch by moonlight? Here in Sydney you could get up at 2am on sunday to watch Australia play against Brazil! And, it will be cold, so rug up!

BarelyLiegl said...

Hey Sally,
to be honest, that sounds perfect for me! I always stay up late at night, and prefer cold weather over heat.
So absolutely, when can I come? =)

Kala said...

lookie:
Hawaiian Sports Festival in Germany

I dont understand a thing on that webpage but it looks like they have some kinda hawaiian sports activity!