Friday, June 16, 2006

Italian Sakura

Tonight, some friends and I went to an Italian restaurant (DaToni in Mainzer Strasse, providing excellent food for a good price) where we stayed until now.
My Japanese friend Akiko dressed up in her gorgeous kimono, and since we see them very rarely in Germany, she was the attraction of the evening. She turned countless heads in town tonight, so I asked her if I may also present her picture to all of you, and luckily, she did agree. (Thank you so much Akiko!)


Update: She's not wearing a kimono, but a yukata, a more casual garment.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

She is very beautiful in her kimono! And a good sport posing for the DP family.

Anonymous said...

I'm in love! ;)
And since I'm in Japan right now, I don't see too many kimonos! *lol*

I always miss the good things. :(
Well, maybe we can repeat that together, when I'm back.
Grettings to her and the rest of the department!

Unknown said...

At first sight I thought it was an italian restaurant ran by japaneses :)
Too weird!

Anyway, it's not difficult to figure out why so many heads turned, she's a beautiful girl with a beautiful unusual dress.

Ciao!

Gre-kun said...

Hello,
I think it is not a kimono but what is called "yukata" (my wife who is japanese sais it to me looking at the photo !)...

Kala said...

Asking friends to pose for blog pics are so awkward for me - kudos to you and your photogenic friend in that beautiful kimono/yukata (not to be mistaken for yakuza)

Stefan Jansson said...

Wow! That would be an eye turner everywhere!

Kris said...

prettty girl in pretty kimono! Thanks for sharing :)

Nicola said...

Cool! Such a pretty kimino!