Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pustefix

I'm sure all of you still have sweet childhoof memories of making soap bubbles. I used to love it, and to be honest, I still love making them and looking at them. Soap bubbles just have a certain magic attraction to me. =)
The most famous company in Germany to sell soap bubble liquid and dispensers is Pustefix.
When I went downtown the other day I met their mascot bear next to "Spiel und Kunst", one of the biggest toy shops in Saarbrücken. He's electric, and automatically blows soap bubbles several times per minute.
I'm sure many of the German bloggers will recognise him, and who knows, maybe he's even famous somewhere else?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so weird, I have never heard of "Pustefix" or seen that bear before, and I used to be a big soap bubbles fan as a child, too. I didn't think you could get famous for selling soap water...

BarelyLiegl said...

I'm shocked! Pustefix was known when I was a child, and my sister (7 years old) is buying their products now (or rather lets us buy soap bubble liquid).
The problem is that nowadays the dish washing liquid isn't a good soap bubble base anymore, so you rely on buying Pustefix (that's what my sister told me).
Some years ago you could make perfect "home-made" bubbles as well, maybe that's why you don't know them.

Nicola said...

I'm glad they are still around, haven't seen one for a while now...

Anonymous said...

The Problem is Pustefix is a DDR_product, so it isnt a childhood-memorie to me...

Kris said...

to be honest, i bought one of those soap bubbles last year ..

BarelyLiegl said...

@scal: Really? According to their website, the company is in Tübingen, in the south of Germany. - As far as I remember, we didn't have it in East Germany, but I could be mistaken... I think we always did the soap liquid ourselves. =)

Kala said...

hm we do not have that here but another brand that I do not remember - the teddy is cute though :D