Sunday, June 25, 2006

Laughing Buddha

When I came across the Chinese resturant Chinatown in Kaiserstrasse, I met this obviously very happy guy.
Unfortunately he had a menu sign in front of him, so I couldn't rub his belly to get some luck for myself.

In Saarbrücken, we don't really have any areas that are occupied by a certain nationality, like you would get Chinatown or Japanese, Indish, Turkish, African (...) quarters in bigger cities. Instead, we do have national shops (for Brazil, China, Thailand, Africa, ...) selling the products from those countries distributed all over Saarbrücken.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe...beautiful shot!

Edwin Sumun said...

wonderful shot! I haven't seen a happier Buddha!

Kris said...

foreigners living in your city must be happy to have the national shops ..*grin*

Kala said...

hahaha he made me laugh too - too bad you could not rub his tummy! I am surprised theres no chinatown - I thought every where there was a china town - I hope to take a pic of our chinatown before the year is over! Dont hold your breath - I dont want to be responsible hehe

Mark said...

My goodness he is a happy fella:)