Sunday, May 07, 2006

Shopping Crowd

In Germany, shops are usually open from 8 am to 8 pm from Monday until Saturday, Sunday everything is normally shut.

However this Sunday, all the downtown shops were opened from 1 pm to 6 pm, so everybody from Saarbrücken and the surrounding areas went into the centre, enjoying the beautiful weather and happily spending their money. =)
You'll always meet lots of French people shopping here, too. The border to France is only 6 km away, and there is no big town close, so many of them come to Saarbrücken.
It has gotten so much easier with the Euro now, the Germans go shopping in France and the French are shopping in Germany without changing their money. It's brilliant! =)

5 comments:

Kala said...

People pics - so many beautiful people walking about and hanging out people watching - I like the cobblestone looking ground!! Are the shops here more up scale? Wheres Walmart? hehe

perle de rosée said...

You are making good photos. I enjoy them very much because there are no deformaations on them. I would like to know what camera you have because I shall buy a numeric camera, and I am asking myself which I can buy. I wish to buy one which make photos which I can enjoy and your kind of photos are very well.Paul enjoy also your photos very much, because he's reminding his youth at looking at them.

Mark said...

Is it cheaper in Germany then in France?

BarelyLiegl said...

Hey guys and girls, thanks for your comments!!! =)

@Nicholas: This is the very french bit of the town, with little cafés and small shops... usually the shops are slightly bigger.
And the cobblestones are terrible (at least in high heels! =)

@perle: Thank you so much for the compliments! I'm using the CASIO Exilim EX-Z600, see my entry here.
If you have any question, don't hesitate to write me a mail! Hugs to you and Paul!

@Mark: Hmm, that depends. I'd say, overall it's about the same, but they have some nice products that we don't have (like some special cereals, I'm a cereal addict), and the same for the other way around. And hypermarché just sound sooo much cooler then Supermarkt, so even for the coolness factor it's important to go shopping across the border... =)))

perle de rosée said...

Thank you for the tip. Your camera is good also because it is small and so you can make pictures without that all people look at you
and take you for a journalist or a reporter.