Monday, July 03, 2006

Sushi

Phew, I just came back from a great Sushi all-you-can-eat in the restaurant Grand Asia Saarlouis with some of my friends.
For 17,50 Euros you can chosse from about 40 different kinds of Sushi, salads and soup. It's a great offer, and the best thing is that your food runs along a long circular conveyor belt, something really unusual in Germany (my Japanese friends told me that you usually have those conveyor belts in cheap Sushi places in Japan, but here it's a great attraction). The only downside is that at first it's always nice to see the food running towards you, in the end you want to run away from it, because more and more plates are being put on the conveyor belt...
PS: I'm soooo full! =)

This is the first picture that was not taken in Saarbrücken, but in one of our neighbouring cities, Saarlouis. I decided to include this picture nevertheless, because Saarbrücken also has a Grand Asia restaurant, serving Mongolian, Chinese and Japanese food, but the one in Saarlouis is much more special (even if they only serve Japanese food). So if you come here, make sure to visit the Saarlouis one, it has the only conveyor belt in the whole Saarland!

6 comments:

Kala said...

I like this post - funny to read because we have sushi places with those conveyor belts that you speak of - its called Genki (happy) Sushi - I think I should photograph that - its quite interesting and the only difference is they do not cover the sushi like you guys do in the photo - i know what you mean about wanting to "run away" from them after eating all that - i would too - we have so many sushi places - and the prices can add up pretty quick with each plate. What did your japanese friend think about german sushi? oh btw - are the sushi chefs japanese or german?

BarelyLiegl said...

Hey Kala,
thanks for the looong post!!! =)
Hitoshi (my Japanese friend) thinks the Sushi there is quite decent, not great but very ok for the price.
Haha, the chefs are neither nor. I think there's not one Japanese working in the restaurant, they're Chinese and Korean from what I can tell (the bosses probably think that as long they look Asian no German could ever tell the difference anyway). =)

Nicola said...

Hmmm, I love sushi!

Chris said...

Greeeeaaaaat !

So tasty, so.... So Gooood !

Have you had Saké ?

Kala said...

thats funny that you can tell the difference! Or did your friend tell you the secret spy chefs? I'm always curious what japanese think about sushi from other places since they are the "experts" in the matter hehe - and thanks for the reponse!

BarelyLiegl said...

I'm quite "japanized", I guess, so honestly I can tell a difference lots of the time...
You can see a lot in their clothing and behaviour as well.