Sunday, August 06, 2006

Science Ship

This inflatable football is part of a ship called "MS Wissenschaft" (MS Science) that anchored some days ago in Saarbrücken.
2006 is Informatics Year in Germany, and the ship shows the synergy of computer science and sports. They have lots of interactive exhibits that you can use and discover, like some muscle vibration devices that are used in space to stop the astronauts' muscles from degenerating, paddle challenges (paddle machines connected to a computer measuring how fast you and your opponent are), table soccer against a computer and many more.
The ship was here for the last day today, but Nicola from Wiesbaden will have a chance to see the ship and take more pictures of it from August 14 to 16. =)


Update: I've put some pictures from inside the ship on my picture blog.

4 comments:

Kala said...

This sounds like my kinda ship hehe - I wish I could view this in person - did you go inside - I like how "classroom" science can be integrated into everyday things so kids will be more interested.

BarelyLiegl said...

Oh yeah, you would have loved it, and probably spent ages trying out all the stuff there... =)
I put some pictures for you on my photo blog.

Anonymous said...

Haha, great that you got a photo of the ship, because when I saw it in Trier, I didn't have my camera with me!

Anonymous said...

This is a fun ship! Very interactive! I bet our sailors will not have a boring time there :)